The Silk Road connected the people of our ancient world. It encompassed a series of trade routes upon which merchants traveled to sell and exchange their goods. These merchants were immersed in new cultures and languages, experienced new ways of living, and met people they never forgot. Although trade was the driving force behind their expeditions, the travelers became forever changed through their journey on the Silk Road. I’m Scott, I’m 24 years old and I’m attempting to embark on my own Silk Road journey. I will post an item for trade and if you want to offer something in exchange, send me an email with a description and a picture.


Monday, November 29, 2010

3rd Trade: Sleep Number Therapeutic Pillow


Today I journeyed in the freezing cold Utah weather over to Leanne's house in Sandy, Utah. Leeann is a kind lady. She is a mother of six kids. Even though Leeann looks like she is twenty years old, I felt as if she was my loving mother. She offered me a turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce. Her house just felt so christmasy.

We were both very satisfied with our trades. Leeann got the Star Wars game with all of its multiple functions. I got a Sleep Number therapeutic pillow. She said she bought this pillow with love for her husband, but before he could use it, he decided he didn't want it. To Leanne's dismay, it was too late to return the pillow. Although she thought it was bad luck, we can now clearly see it was destiny. Leeann now has become a part of my Silk Road journey. Thanks Leeann! This pillow is fit for a king or a queen, but it could end up under your head. The pillow can't be used as a door bell, a snow shovel, or a float tube. It is also not water proof, but you could take it to the beach. If you are interested in owning this brand new pillow, your emails/comments offering a trade are welcome.

PS Good dreams are promised with this pillow.  I saw it on the news.

5 comments:

  1. shoot - I popped over just because Cheeseboy said to (and we always do what Cheeseboy says to do) and now I find myself really wanting a nice pillow to match my sleep number bed... and me with nothing to trade - and frankly living a little further away than it would be worth to travel, even if I did have a turkey sandwich.


    I think I'm going to enjoy watching where all this trading goes - fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheeseboy told me to come too. All hail the Cheese. I'd be interested in a trade. I'll figure out how to email you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo! I'm so glad the Boy of Cheese sent me as well. I always love to purge things from my house, and wouldn't it be nice to get something cool in return. I'd love the sleep number pillow, but have to search to find some items to offer in trade... Will be back when I find them. If the pillow is gone by then, I will accept that destiny did not intend for us to meet. It's ok. I know if that happens there will be something better right around the corner.

    Welcome to the Blogosphere!

    P.S. This reminded me of my pledge to participate in Pay it Forward Day tomorrow. Gotta start planning my random act of kindness now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Cheeseboy send me and I'm glad he did. I like the concept of your blog. I'll be back to read more. All the very best to you.

    Marnie xo

    ReplyDelete